Five Spice Powder is a blend of traditional Oriental spices used in Chinese cooking. Five Spice Powder includes a blend of star anise, red or black peppercorns, cassia (a.k.a. cinnamon), fennel and clove. The blending of these spices offers a sweet, savory and pungent flavor. This spice blend should be cooked for a relatively long amount of time in order to bring out the complex flavors. In ancient Chinese lore, the universe is composed of five elements: wood, metal, water, fir and earth. The ingredients of Five Spice Powder represent the five elements of the earth, creating a harmonious blend. Just as the elements of the universe were carefully balanced, so too were the elements of civil life. In the preparation of food, the proper fivefold relationships had to be created and maintained.
Features & Highlights
- We source, grind and blend the five spices of the traditional Chinese seasoning-cinnamon, cloves, fennel, star anise and black pepper-for our Five Spice Powder
- This blend is used in Chinese cooking to create balanced sweet-savory flavor, and symbolizes balancing the five elements of the universe
- Use in marinades and rubs for beef, pork, chicken, duck and seafood to add a spicy-sweet flavor
- Combine with salt to create a flavorful seasoning salt
- Gluten Free, Kosher Parve Certified, Non-GMO
|Item Weight:||10 pounds|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Angelina's Gourmet, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.